Making the decision to place a loved one under the care of a nursing home can be an emotionally draining experience; admitting that your loved one requires care that you cannot provide can be difficult. Once the choice to place your loved one under a nursing homeís care has been made, the challenges are just beginning; choosing the right nursing home can be just as difficult as the initial decision.
At the Bostic Law Group, we know how difficult it can be to choose the proper nursing home for your loved one. To help in the decision, we are glad to offer some useful tips, including:
- Contact your loved oneís insurance carrier or Medicare to determine which homes are covered
- Research prospective homes online, looking for any poor reviews from families of past residents
- Tour every home you are considering, making sure to speak to as many staff members as possible
- Visit web sites dedicated to nursing home reviews for insight on their track record, including any infractions
- Ask your friends and co-workers for suggestions; chances are they have a loved one in nursing home care as well
- Remember that the placing your loved one in a nursing home may be the best decision for them; ensuring they receive the proper care can extend their lives and offer more enjoyment
Our experienced Charleston nursing home attorneys are happy to offer assistance on any number of concerns your family may have, including choosing a home and addressing nursing home neglect or abuse claims.
Medicare and Medicaid-Certified Nursing Home Comparison
The following link provides information about all Medicare and Medicaid-certified nursing homes in the country: